Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-06 Origin: Site
Arthritis refers to a variety of chronic diseases that cause inflammation of joints and surrounding tissues. It is the most common degenerative disease of human joints, which is often referred to as knee osteogenesis, long bone spur, and so on. It mainly occurs in the knee, ankle, hip, and other weight-bearing joints, mostly in the elderly, especially in fat women. It is characterized by articular cartilage degeneration, secondary bone hyperplasia, synovitis, and bone and joint dysfunction. The disease has seriously affected the quality of life of middle-aged and elderly people and is attracting more and more attention.
Some people with arthritis feel better in the winter, but most feel worse because extremely cold temperatures aggravate the symptoms. Older people, even those who don't have arthritis, are more likely to develop the disease with the arrival of cold weather.
There is no doubt that winter is the harshest month for arthritis patients. Fortunately, you can use the following tips to reduce the symptoms of winter arthritis.
1. Rest: when joint pain and fluid, should reduce exercise, appropriate rest, avoid excessive weight, cold and damp, avoid sedentarily. For overweight people, lose weight.
2. Functional exercise is mainly non-weight-bearing activities, which can be carried out in bed for lower limb flexion and extension joints and muscle contraction exercise.
3. Physical therapy can relieve pain and muscle spasm, help to improve blood circulation, and reduce swelling. Common physical therapy methods include wet hot compress, hot gas bath, hot spring bath, ultra laser, ultra short wave, etc. patients can choose under the guidance of doctors. Our Hot Water Bag and Infrared Physiotherapy Lamp can greatly relieve the pain caused by arthritis. Heat relaxes muscles and helps lubricate joints. This simple treatment can be used to reduce muscle and joint stiffness, help warm joints before exercise, or relieve muscle spasms.
4. Application of anti-inflammatory analgesics, such drugs through the elimination of local aseptic inflammation to achieve the purpose of pain, the effect is good.
5. Injection therapy. If the pain around the joint is obvious, it can be treated by injection of muscle and ligament attachment points around the joint, which can significantly reduce the pain: intra-articular injection of sodium hyaluronate injection has a good effect on early and mid-term osteoarthritis. In recent years, joint cavity ozone irrigation combined with sodium hyaluronate has been used in the treatment of knee osteoarthritis in the Department of pain. Because of its strong anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and cartilage repair effects, ozone is not only a strong oxidant but also a drug, showing good therapeutic effects and great potential in the treatment of osteoarthritis. It can reduce symptoms, relieve pain and increase the range of motion of joints.
6. Acupotomy therapy for patients with a long history, local adhesion, and poor therapeutic effect by the above methods, acupotomy therapy can often achieve a better curative effect.
7. Surgical treatment should be considered for patients with a severe condition, and they can go to the Department of bone and joint surgery.
Following the above advice, you will enjoy a complete winter without worrying about arthritis.